My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
www.successful-homeschooling-blog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Our Week in Review - Penguins

I'm swollen, sore, and missing 4 teeth, but we still managed to learn a little something this week.

We read Watch Me Grow: Penguins, Antarctica, and Captain Cook. We listened to the audio book version of everyone's favorite penguin story, Mr. Popper's Penguins by Richard and Florence Atwater. We also added a page about penguins to our animal classification notebook. I'll post pics from our notebook next week as we continue our study of birds.

The morning before I had my wisdom teeth removed, I mailed over $400 worth of Usborne books to participants in my homeschool curriculum review contest. As a result of last month's contest, you have a resource of over 400 homeschool curriculum reviews to help you choose products for your family.

Many thanks to those of you who took time to share your opinions with other homeschoolers! Please continue to submit your reviews and help me build a resource we can all rely on when choosing curriculum.
post signature

1 comment:

One Happy Momma said...

Hi there! I just found your blog through your website. I love reading all of your tips and insights! I am not a mommy yet, but plan on homeschooling when our future children are big enough!

I was homeschooled from 5th grade through 12th. And then went on to college. My mom was a wonderful teacher, like yourself!

Thank you for sharing your insights!