My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
www.successful-homeschooling-blog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Typical School Day

When I started homeschooling, I thought we'd sit down every day for lengthy, structured lessons. However, with a baby on the way that first year, we quickly became relaxed homeschoolers.

Here's typical day at our house:

Wake up
Eat Breakfast
Get Dressed
AM Chores
Bible
School (1 hour or less)
Freetime
Lunch
Naptime (Quiet Time for Andrew)
Snack
PM Chores
Freetime
Dinner
Read Aloud
Family Time
Bedtime

On days when we are especially busy, I may read to the children during mealtimes or we do school in the evenings after dinner. There are many days when we don't do any formal work at all, and yet we always manage to end up on target.

Both of my children are performing at or above grade level. I have often told my husband that it seems like my children learn more when we aren't doing formal lessons.

When we finish school for the day, that's when the learning begins!

1 comment:

Elspeth said...

You're right about one thing. My kids learn an aweful lot just from our everyday conversations. Parents would be surprised how smart their kids are if they just talk to them.