My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
www.successful-homeschooling-blog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

What We Use

Andrew uses A Beka grade 1 Phonics, Language Arts and Arithmetic. He typically does 1 or 2 worksheets per day from each book. Instead of following the lesson plans, I just explain concepts as needed.

A few weeks ago, he told me he wanted to work on handwriting, so we are also working through A Reason for Handwriting, Manuscript A.

Jasmine wants to "do school", so we are making an alphabet book and working through the Rod and Staff A-B-C Series preschool workbooks.

For Bible we are memorizing scripture and reading through Leading Little Ones to God. After we complete the day's reading, my oldest reads the recommended reading to us from his Bible.

That is the extent of our formal curricula. Andrew spends a great deal of his free time reading, and we also read books as a family, go on field trips and do projects on our own. In the real world, there is always something interesting to learn about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are using ARFHW also. I have really seen an improvement in their writing. I have heard great things about R&S preschool series and can[t til my youngest is ready to start. I can't wait to see your new look also. Blogging came be so addictive. LOL! Have a blessed week!