My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
www.successful-homeschooling-blog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, July 18, 2008

Homeschooling on the Road

We're off to Oklahoma for the annual Usborne Book convention. I'm so excited.

For the trip, I picked up the following audio books:

  • Mrs. Piggle Wiggle by Betty MacDonald
  • The Story of Doctor Doolittle by Hugh Lofting
  • Ramona Quimby, Age 8 by Beverly Cleary
The first two are in the Sonlight catalog and were on my list of books to read this year. I wanted the last one for myself!

Since I started working at home part-time, I've had to be creative about how I teach the kids. We listen to audio books in the car, and this skip counting CD from Little Giant Steps even allows us to practice math while we're on the road.


I'm also packing a some activity books, Uno cards, coloring pages, small baby toys, and puzzles placed in plastic bags so they don't take up too much room. Read this info on carschooling for other ideas on homeschooling away from home!

No comments: