My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
www.successful-homeschooling-blog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, July 14, 2008

Proper Socialization


On Saturday, Andrew threw his Grandma 55th birthday party. He came up with the idea, made the guest list, planned the menu, chose the cake, made games and gifts, and hit up his dad for funds.


One thing I love about homeschooling is that my kids have free time to spend at Grandma's. They go on nature walks around the neighborhood, give names to the birds and squirrels, and play in mud puddles she makes in her back yard.



My kids don't know adults are uncool. They just want to spend time with people they enjoy. My kids don't know they're supposed to ask us for video games and designer clothes. They want to spend money on those they love.

I wish I could say we were good enough parents that we instilled such great character in our children. However, I think it would be far more accurate to say that we have been blessed with great kids who have yet to receive proper socialization.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Grandma! Sunday was Grandma's 58th birthday here so we were celebrating also. :)