My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
www.successful-homeschooling-blog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Homeschool Schedules


I had plans to "start school" this Monday. Last week, I sat down and made a list of books we were going to read, and activities and projects I wanted to complete.

Then I found out my children's Pa Pa had been diagnosed with lung cancer, and the Abeka workbooks went right back into the box they arrived in. We're learning a lesson from the school of life.

The beauty of homeschooling is that we write the schedule, and we can change it. We don't have to worry about excused absences, missed work, or make up tests. We can start formal lessons next week, next month or even next year. We can carschool on long drives to visit Pa Pa or read while we lounge on the couch beside him.

We hope God blesses us with many wonderful years with our beloved father and grandfather, but we don't know what the future holds. We don't want to miss out on a single moment with the man we love. That's why we homeschool.

Here's some additional information about homeschool schedules. Please remember James, Sr. and his family in your prayers.
post signature

5 comments:

Denise in IL said...

Isn't it great to have the flexibility of homeschooling, when life throws you a crisis like this? Here's praying that God blesses Pa Pa with a full recovery!

Anonymous said...

Oh he is definitely in our prayers. God healed my FIL of the same 4 years ago.

Carletta said...

Kysha, I can't thank you enough for sharing that testimony. We know God is able to heal and we are leaning heavily on Him.

Thank you both for your prayers!

Unknown said...

This is my favorite part about homeschooling...the flexibility!

I will say a prayer for Pa Pa and your family!

Have a blessed day!

Brandi

Anonymous said...

You are all in my prayers. Your children are learning much more important lessons than they could ever learn in a textbook right now. Good for you and bless you for giving them the opportunity of time with their Pa Pa.